sE Electronics Voodoo VR2 Active Ribbon Microphone at a Glance:
- 20Hz-18kHz frequency response offers clarity across the whole spectrum
- One of the highest performing ribbon mics for the price
- Active design for plenty of output and quieter performance
20Hz-18kHz frequency response offers clarity across the whole spectrum
Ribbon microphones, while offering incredibly warm tone are often known to lack a bit in the high-end detail. Not so with the sE Electronics Voodoo VR2 active ribbon microphone. It’s frequency range of 20Hz to 18kHz ensures you’ll capture everything in the air, making it great for acoustic instruments, voice, and even loud electric guitar and bass amplifiers with a high 135dB max SPL. Get the responsiveness of a great condenser with the smoothness only a ribbon can offer with the sE electronics Voodoo VR2.
One of the highest performing ribbon mics for the price
There are other mics that perform like the sE Electronics Voodoo VR2. But what good is that if you have to sell your studio to afford one? There simply aren’t many options that will give you the 20Hz to 18kHz response, 135dB max SPL, and active circuitry of the Voodoo VR2 at a price point anywhere near this microphone. Is your project or studio on a budget? Need a top-quality, studio-grade mic, but don’t have the resources or desire to spend a grand or above? The sE Electronics Voodoo VR2 ribbon microphone fits your bill perfectly.
Active design for plenty of output and quieter performance
Super quiet and super loud sources are usually not friends with ribbon mics. One of the few drawbacks to using a ribbon microphone is their low output, making capturing quiet sources like a fingerpicked acoustic guitar difficult to get while keeping noise down. And due to how fragile many of them can be to high SPL, use on loud sources like electric guitar amps can be a no-no. The VR2 can handle a max SPL of 135dB and thanks to the active circuit can push enough power to get immaculate performance on delicate quiet sources as well.
sE Electronics Voodoo VR2 Ribbon Microphone Features:
- 20hz-18khz frequency range for capturing great sound throughout the range
- Specifications similar to ribbon microphones costing well over double its price
- Active electronics make tracking quiet sound sources simple
- 135dB max SPL for getting great results with louder sound sources
- Figure-8 pickup pattern is amazing at picking up environmental sounds and impulses
- Requires +48V phantom power
The sE Electronics Voodoo VR2 active ribbon microphone, a great mic at an even better price!